We love to see our residents and associates share their favorite recipes.
Chicken Biscuit Pot Pie
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a large bowl, combine the vegetables, chicken, soup and thyme.
- Pour into an un-greased deep-dish 9-inch pie plate.
- Combine the biscuit mix, milk and egg; spoon over chicken mixture.
- Bake until topping is golden brown and toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (about 25-30 minutes).
Leann's Brunswick Stew
- 3 cups finely diced sweet onions
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 pound salted butter
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 pound either pulled pork, pulled chicken, pulled turkey, or chopped beef brisket
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 quart drained yellow corn kernels
- 1 quart drained baby lima beans
- 1 quart chicken stock
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the diced onions and the garlic and sauté until the onions are translucent.
- Stir in the cayenne pepper, black pepper, salt, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Simmer for 5 minutes then add 1 cup of bbq sauce.
- Stir in the pulled pork, chicken, turkey, or brisket.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and all of the vegetables.
- Stir in the chicken stock and let simmer for 2-3 hours over medium heat.