Making it to 55+ is a badge of honor. In some places, it’s the key to secret discounts and hassle-free living. Winter Haven, FL is home to many retirement communities where people can easily settle down, have fun, and age in place.
Why choose a retirement community in Winter Haven for independent living?
Made famous by the canal-linked “Chain of Lakes,” historic homes, and a Publix market, over 25 percent of Winter Haven’s residents are seniors. Averaging a winter low in the 60s and a summer high in the mid-80s, you can’t ask for a better climate to fish for bass, explore the Bok Tower Gardens, or take the grandkids to Legoland.
Where should I live in Winter Haven?
Retirement communities offer easy living for the 55+ crowd. They take the hassles and chores away from owning a home, and specific communities like Lake Howard Heights offer ways to age in place by providing care services you may need down the line.
Of the 50 lakes, Lake Howard is the biggest, and our community’s dining room overlooks it. Lake Howard Heights offers:
|Lake Howard Heights||Independent Living||Assisted Living|
|Opportunities to make new friends||✓||✓|
|Housekeeping and maintenance||✓||✓|
|Transportation to appointments and entertainment||✓||✓|
|Three chef-inspired meals daily with flexible options||✓|
|Licensed nurse available and associates on-site 24/7||✓|
|Bathing, dressing, and grooming assistance||✓|
What is independent living?
After retirement, keeping up with a social life and housework can become a chore. Communities like Lake Howard Heights present you with the opportunity to live life on your terms.
Why is independent living good for retirement?
- Living: Imagine living in a hotel suite you never have to leave. Senior living floor plans are available in studio, one and two-bedroom apartments. Bright, modern, and spacious, they include kitchens if you want to whip up something special. Accessible bathrooms and emergency response systems are included to ease your mind.
- Staying Active: If you have hobbies you already enjoy, great! We’d love it if you introduced them to the rest of us. Otherwise, you can join us for gardening in the greenhouse, book club, wellness classes, guided outings, special events, and much more. Check out our monthly calendar to get a feel for our daily activities.
- Dining: We stand out from many other communities with our Freedom Dining program. Just like you would at a restaurant, take a pick from the rotating menu on what kind of chef-inspired meal you want to eat, whether it’s breakfast, lunch, dinner, or snacks.
What is aging in place?
Aging in place means you don’t have to move to another community when you need more daily assistance with physical activities.
If you’re benefiting from retirement life, you’ve likely planned for your future. Another way of planning for the future is anticipating services you might need down the road.
Assisted living is another service offered at Lake Howard Heights. To continue living an independent lifestyle, our trained associates can help with activities of daily living and provide the necessary support to enjoy life while still enjoying all the amenities of independent living:
- Bathing, dressing, and grooming assistance
- Medication management
- Emergency response system
- Licensed nurse available
- Wellness classes for building and retaining strength
Imagine a day in senior living at Winter Haven:
- Start the day at the coffee cart in the lobby
- Walk your pet among our beautifully landscaped courtyards
- Exercise with friends in our fitness room
- Get your nails done in the salon
- Community transportation to shopping
- Happy hour with live entertainment
- Catch the latest movie or old favorite in our theater room