Our Residents Recipes
Recipe by Bill Bridges
- Beat the evaporated milk and instant pudding mix with an electric mixer for about 2 minutes or until thick.
- In another bowl, beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the pudding mixture to the cream cheese mixture until smooth.
- Stir in the lemonade concentrate and lemon zest, if using, until smooth.
- Pour the filling into the pie crust. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
Recipe by Peggy Brimberry
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Cream together the peanut butter and butter. Then beat in the sugar, vanilla, and egg.
- Fold in the flour mixture and then fold in the chocolate chip.
- Scoop rounded tablespoons of dough onto uncreased cookie sheets (you can also use a small ice-cream scoop) and flatten slightly with a fork dipped in flour.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until cookies start to brown. Makes about 2 dozen cookies.
Recipe by Anna Bell Whitson
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a baking dish with Pam cooking spray
- Cook the spaghetti according to the directions on the package
- Brown and drain the hamburger meat
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl
- Pour into the baking dish and sprinkle some additional cheese on top
- Bake for 40-45 minutes
Three Step Cheesecake
Recipe by Janice Johnson
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees
- In a standing mixer, mix the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla
- Mix in the eggs one at a time until well mixed
- Scoop the batter into the pie crust
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the center is almost set
- Refrigerate for three hours and then serve
Thanksgiving Oyster Stuffing
Recipe by Marion Pritchett
- Cut up celery and onion and sauté in the butter until soft.
- Once the celery and onions are cooked place in blender, along with the raw oysters and their juice. Blend until liquefied.
- Pour this mixture over the stuffing mix, adding small amounts of milk until good and moist
- Either stuff into large turkey and cook according to the turkey instructions OR place in a greased casserole dish and bake uncovered for 35 minutes at 350 degrees
Recipe by Janice Johnson
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain the pineapple (retaining 3 tbsps. of juice).
- Mix pineapple and cheese together, then combine with sugar and flour mix.
- Crumble up the stack of Ritz crackers, melt the butter and combine it with the Ritz.
- Grease one-quart glass dish and pour in pineapple mixture. Spoon Ritz over the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Note: When I use this recipe, I usually double it.*
Recipe by Melba Lee
- Sauté the onions in a large pan. Add ground beef, cook until brown.
- Rinse onions and beef in hot water. Drain water from meat and onions.
- Put meat and onions in a soup pot. Add other ingredients and cook for 30 minutes.
- Put the taco seasoning in a cup of water then add to soup mixture.
- Top with grated cheese and or sour cream and eat with nachos.
90 Minute Dinner Rolls
Recipe by Curtis Freeman
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ¾ cup of flour, sugar, yeast, and salt.
- In a small saucepan, heat the milk, water, and butter to 120 to 130 degrees.
- Add to the dry ingredients and beat just until moistened.
- Stir in enough remaining flour to form soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into 12 pieces and shape each piece into rolls.
- Arrange in a greased 9-inch round baking pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 35 minutes. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool.
Recipe by Pear Kelley
- Trim the okra stems, being careful not to cut into the pod.
- Place the okra in cleaned/sanitized pint jars with one clove of garlic in each.
- Combine the water, vinegar, salt, and dill seed in a large pot and bring it to a boil.
- Pour the liquid over the packed okra leaving a ½ in of head space.
- Remove the air, clean the rim, and screw on the caps.
- Process for 15 minutes in a water canner.
Note: Please always be extremely careful when canning or pickling vegetables.
Granny’s Macaroni and Cheese
Recipe by Iva Dell Campbell
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Cook the noodles according to the package in salted water.
- Grate the cheese. In a separate bowl beat the eggs, add the milk to the beaten eggs.
- Drain the noodles.
- Grease a baking dish with margarine.
- Layer half of the noodles and then half the cheese in the baking dish. Put small slices of butter over the cheese. (1/4 stick)
- Add a good dusting of pepper.
- Layer the rest of the noodles and the cheese on.
- Add the remaining slices of butter. Dust the dish with pepper.
- Pour the egg/milk mixture over everything. Do not stir but allow the mixture to drain.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes. Do not over bake.
Apple Nut Cake
Recipe by Anna Bell Whitson
- Combine the oil and the sugar.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat for 2 minutes.
- Add the flour, salt, and baking soda. Mix well before folding in the apples and nuts.
- Put into a tube pan that has been greased and floured.
- Bake at 350 degrees for one hour to an hour and fifteen minutes.
- Combine all the icing ingredients: Bring to a rolling boil. Cool completely and then pour over the cake.
Bobbie's Favorite Cheese Ball
Recipe by Bobbie Moody
Mix all the ingredients and make a rounded mold, cover with nuts.